Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Guess who is crafty now...

So, some of you know that I like to dabble in crafty projects.  I grew up in a not so craft oriented family on my dad's side. My family never taught me how to do anything domesticated. Everything I've learned I have pretty much taught myself. I learned how to make soy candles 2 years ago, scrapbooking about 5 years ago, so this year I am taking over quilting! I want to make a quilt for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary in a few years and I want to get good at doing it so I can make it perfect for them.

My first quilting project was just a simple patchwork baby quilt.  At first it was just a practice project and I was going to give it away, but I have decided you only make your first quilt once so I am keeping it for that "some day" when I have kids. I am pretty proud of myself right now. I just realized how much I do to keep my life going, ugh just thinking about it makes me sleepy.

Anyway, here are pictures of my little project...aww crap my memory card is in my car. Shoot, okay I'll post later, but you can find them on my facebook too (in the "There's always fun to be had album"). I did step by step pictures there.

No comments:

Post a Comment