Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I survived the first day, only to have day 2 be a snow day...with a little protein shake recipe

This student teaching adventure is going to be another day longer. SNOW DAY! Don't get me wrong, this definintely helps my work schedule quite a bit. Today will be a long day working and then home to make my unit plan for my TAG class. Yesterday was an adventure of sorts. My first unit I get to plan and teach on my own will be on "The Great Gatsby." I may have read this book in school, but I just can't recall. I spent most of my day at school reading it yesterday. When I put the book down in several classes it was purely for behavioral issues with students.  It is amazing how surprised you can be every day by the things your students are doing. Just the language they use is the flip side of how things were 10 years ago. It kind of felt like I was standing in a room full of 5 year old adults, not in a bad way, but they look so young and think they are in their mid 30s, what the heck? It's not really a shocker because I have been working with these students periodically over the last six months. I just can't see how society has change this much in such a short period of time.
Time to hit the go to work, hit the gym, and plan this unit!
Oooh, but before I go...yesterday I started drinking protein shakes again. I have always questions the whole peanut butter and bananas ideas, but no longer will I ever do that.  I use 1scoop of vanilla whey protein, 1 bananas (better if they are a little bruised), a big spoon full of peanut butter, 6-8 oz skim milk. Blend that bad boy up and drink! This was SO good. I'm off to the store to get more bananas today.

No comments:

Post a Comment