Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 1

Monday, Monday, Monday (not said with enthusiasm either). Well the time has finally arrived, today I start my student teaching at Keokuk High School with my former English teacher. Here's to 12 weeks of juggling...all of my ad have said it's best not to work and student teaching, but seriously what choice do I have? So I'm up at 430 am today working, then school, then working out/working. I'm going to be one tired/busy/exhausted/relieved lady when April finally gets here. It looks like I'll have a day or two off from school this week already though because the snow is supposedly coming. What does this mean for me? Actually it's great for my work schedule because I can work a 12 hours day and free up a day at the end of the week for less to be on that To Do list of mine. I start my first class of the year next Tuesday which stacks on the rest of the deck. Three more classes and I'm done with that portion of this darned Master's program.

On the other side of things I talked to A last night finally. I haven't really talked to him for that last few days which kind of bugged me, but that's how weekends usually are for us. He's off work and busy doing whatever and I take that time to relax and catch up with my family and friends. Well it wasn't a good thing for me not being able to talk to him because I didn't sleep well.  In three days I slept two hours...talk about TIRED! I'm used to talking to A before I go to bed and my body was asking what the heck was going on. Well getting back in the groove of things since I came back from Cali played a part in all that too.  I was so used to A being there that coming home and remember my routine here was a joke.

Someone asked me the other day how I thought things were going...no complaints really. I miss him like crazy, it was so hard to come home.  I'm here to finish up my stuff and get things straight in my world. He's there doing his thing. I can't lie and say it's easy because it's not, but I have a best friend who understand and family who seem to finally care about the guy in my life. My family is been strange about A. Normally, they wouldn't care who I was with or what was going on. This time around everyone is asking about him, how he is, when he deploys, how we are, if I talked to him, etc. It's been a very odd change of pace. I miss him like crazy. Seeing people you know out with their significant others is the hardest part about them not being here, but when you think of why he's not here, I smile because I'm proud of him. Every single time I think about him I smile, I almost cry, and then I smile again. A psychiatrist was describe that as masochism, ehhh some of us call this our normal for now.

Lesson of the morning: Blessings aren't always what you think they are, enjoy those that come into your life even if they are a world away. Never pretend to not care about someone because it may be what's holding them together.

More to come later on day one of the student teaching...it should be a quiet week at school. It's finals week for my students and I'll be planning lessons all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment